RealGuitar MIDI Pattern Library
RG MIDI Pattern Library (included with RealGuitar 2L version) is a unique
collection of 1250 guitar accompaniment rhythm patterns classified by various
musical categories, such as meter, music style, guitar technique, rhythmic
feel, tempo range. Rhythm patterns in RG Pattern Library are special MIDI files
recorded for use only with RealGuitar.
Using RG Pattern Library with RealGuitar lets you easily create professional
sounding guitar accompaniment tracks. All you have to do is to copy rhythm
pattern to the needed number of measures, start your sequencer and use MIDI
keyboard to play chord changes, or alternatively add chords to a MIDI track via
The examples for creation of our MIDI Pattern Library were thousands audio
recordings of live performance of world's renowned guitar players and bands*,
being thoroughly selected and analyzed by MusicLab's professional guitarists.
RG Pattern Library Contents
- Basic Strumming (86 patterns)
A set of high quality guitar strumming rhythm phrases. Work well as 4/4
and 3/4 universal acoustic guitar background in wide range of tempo (50-250)
and rhythm feel (4th, 8th, 8-triplet, 16th, 16-triplet).
- Basic Picking (82 patterns)
A set of high quality guitar picking rhythm phrases. Work well as 4/4 and
3/4 universal acoustic guitar backgrounds in wide range of tempo (50-250) and
rhythm feel (4th, 8th, 8-triplet, 16th, 16-triplet, 32nd).
- Basic Bass&Chord (78 patterns)
A set of high quality guitar 'bass and chord' rhythm phrases. Work well as
4/4 and 3/4 universal acoustic guitar background in a wide range of tempo
(50-250) and rhythm feel (4th, 8th, 8-triplet, 16th).
- Blues Medium (72 patterns)
- BluesRock 1: 20 sophisticated Blues/Rock/R&B 16-feel guitar
rhythms. Based on 'Telephone Song' (Stevie Ray Vaughn) real acoustic guitar
part. Feature 1-, 2-, 4- measure highly syncopated and accentuated strumming
- BluesRock 2: 23 vigorous Blues/Rock/R&B guitar rhythms. Feature
highly accentuated 16-feel strumming riffs. Based on 'Telephone Song' (Stevie
Ray Vaughn) real electric guitar part.
- BluesShuffle: 20 vigorous Blues/Rock guitar strumming riffs. Feature
1-, 2-, 4-, 12-measure highly syncopated 8-triplet rhythm phrases with strong
- TripletGroove: 9 powerful Blues/Rock guitar strumming riffs. Feature
8-triplet highly accentuated and syncopated rhythm phrases. Work great as half
time feel guitar background.
- Blues Slow (70 patterns)
- 3'4 Gospel: 20 sophisticated 3/4 Country/Folk/Pop/Blues style
strumming rhythms. Feature 1-,2-,4-measure 8-triplet patterns. Work great as
guitar accompaniment to any kind of slow shuffle-feel song.
- 6'4 Blues: 21 strumming and picking 8-triplet feel rhythm patterns. 6/4
Slow Blues/Rock style.
- 6'8 BritBlues: 11 authentic 6/8 Pop/Soft Rock/Blues style rhythms.
Based on House of the Rising Sun (Animals) real guitar part. Feature 8-,
16-feel strumming and plucking patterns.
- Blues 16-beat: 18 powerful Blues/Rock/Funk style 16th-feel strumming
riffs. Feature highly accentuated phrases great for strong rhythmic background
in slow and medium tempo.
- Funk (56 patterns)
- Funk 1: 26 sophisticated Funk 16-feel rhythm phrases. Complex and
strongly syncopated grooves. Great for advanced Funk guitar background.
- Funk 2: 10 powerful Funk 16-feel guitar riffs. Inspired by early Earth,
Wind & Fire background arrangements. Strongly syncopated and intensive 1-, 2-,
4-measure rhythm phrases.
- Funk 3: 20 specific Funk 16-feel phrases. Inspired by Robin Ford rhythm
guitar style. Widely used by numerous contemporary guitar players.
- Rhythm&Blues (52 patterns)
- R&B 1: 12 powerful R&B/Soul/Funk strumming riffs. Inspired by
James Brown/Otis Redding background rhythms. Feature strongly syncopated
propulsive 16-feel phrases.
- R&B 2: 13 advanced R&B/Jazz/Rock/Soul riffs. Feature 2-,
4-measure strongly accentuated and syncopated phrases. Feature complex rhythm
phrases based on 70s Funk grooves.
- R&B 3: 25 great R&B/Rock strumming patterns. Inspired by Peter
Green background arrangements. Feature 8-, 16-feel syncopated rhythm phrases,
riffs, and fills.
- Latin (68 patterns)
- Cha-Cha: 18 powerful Cha-cha style strumming patterns. Feature Latin
flavored 8-,16-feel rhythm phrases. Work great with any medium tempo Pop/Soft
- Samba: 25 strongly syncopated modern Samba style strumming and
fingerpicking patterns. Work great with any Latin oriented 16-feel song.
- Latin 3'4: 25 strongly syncopated 3/4 Latin style strumming patterns.
Feature 4 to 3 cross rhythm polymeric feeling.
- Endings (64 patterns)
A set of sophisticated guitar patterns to use as the endings of rhythm
phrases or parts. Work well with any music style.
- Latin Pop (60 patterns)
- FlamencoPop: 25 vigorous Pop-, Rumba-flamenco strumming patterns. Based
on Bamboleo (Gipsy Kings) real rhythm guitar parts. Strongly syncopated 1-, 2-,
4-measure 8-feel rhythm phrases.
- FlamencoPop 1: 19 vigorous Pop-, Rumba-flamenco strumming patterns.
Based on Vamos A Bailar (Gipsy Kings) real rhythm guitar parts. Similar to
FlamencoPop Style patterns but recorded in double time feel (with twice smaller
durations - 16th notes).
- LatinRock: 16 powerful Latin Rock/Pop strumming patterns. Inspired by
Carlos Santana rhythm guitar style. Feature Latin flavored 8-, 16-feel strongly
syncopated rhythm phrases.
- Pop Slow (92 patterns)
- PopBallad: 20 universal Country/Pop/Rock ballad strumming and
bass&chord patterns. Feature 8-, 16-feel rhythm phrases inspired by
"Yesterday", "Rocky Raccoon" (Beatles) real guitar parts.
- PopSong: 11 sophisticated Pop/Rock ballad style guitar rhythms. Work
well as lightly syncopated strumming background to any slow/medium tempo 8-feel
- Romance: 26 lyrical strumming and picking patterns. Work great as
guitar background to any kind of 8-feel slow/medium song.
- NewAge: 13 soft New Age style guitar riffs. Bossa-nova flavored
sophisticated 16-feel rhythm phrases. Great sound with jazz chords in slow
- ShuffleBallad: 22 guitar strumming and picking patterns. Work great
with any kind of 8-triplet feel song. Strong backbeat shuffle feel.
- Reggae (68 patterns)
- Reggae 1: 23 advanced variants of Reggae/Rock Steady style guitar
accompaniment riffs. Feature 1-, 2-, 4-measure 16th-feel highly syncopated
strumming and picking rhythm phrases.
- Reggae 2: 29 sophisticated Reggae guitar accompaniment rhythm phrases.
Feature 2-, 4-, 8-measure 8-triplet strumming patterns of great rhythmic
variety with deep backbeat feel.
- Reggae 3: 15 vigorous Reggae/Hip Hop guitar strumming riffs. Feature
highly accentuated and syncopated 16-triplet rhythm phrases with strong
- Rock 8-beat (74 patterns)
- BritRock: 14 powerful medium tempo Rock/R&B picking riffs. Inspired
by Peter Green backing guitar arrangements. Feature 1-, 2-, 4-, 8-measure
highly accentuated and syncopated 8th-feel rhythm phrases.
- CountryRock 1: 15 powerful Rock/Country Rock style 8th-feel rhythm
patterns. Based on I Like It, I Love It song (by Tim McGraw) real acoustic
guitar part. Feature highly accentuated 2-, 8-measure strumming riffs with
- CountryRock 2: 13 powerful Rock/Country Rock style 8th-feel rhythm
patterns. Based on I Like It, I Love It song (by Tim McGraw) real electric
guitar part. Feature highly accentuated 2-, 4-, 8-measure strumming riffs with
- LightRock: 19 powerful Rock style rhythms. Based on Proud Mary song by
Credence Clearwater Revival real guitar part. Strongly upbeat/offbeat
syncopated 8-feel phrases. Work great with any Country/Rock/Pop/Beat style
- SurfRock: 13 vigorous light Rock style guitar riffs. Feature 1-, 2-,
4-, 8-measure 8th-feel syncopated rhythm phrases using combined guitar
- Rock 16-beat (60 patterns)
- RockFunk: 18 powerful Rock/Funk/R&Blues style patterns. Feature
strongly syncopated straight 16th rhythm phrases.
- FunkyFingers: 9 specific Jazz/Rock/Funk patterns, based on Yearning
Learning song by Earth, Wind and Fire. Feature variations of a 16th-feel
strongly syncopated "ostinato bass/double-note" picking riff.
- MutedRiffs: 14 sophisticated 16th-feel Rock/Soul/Funk style riffs. When
used with key-note-octave chord (key note doubled in octave) give specific
"tonic ostinato" sound to the rhythm background.
- PowerStrums: 19 powerfull hard rock strumming rhythm patterns. Based on
You Can't Do It Right song (Deep Purple) real rhythm guitar part.
- Rock Slow (46 patterns)
- SoftBallad: 23 sophisticated 16-feel rhythm patterns. Work great with
4/4 Pop/Rock ballad songs. Feature strongly syncopated staccato and legato
- California: 23 sophisticated 16-feel plucking rhythms inspired by the
world's famous Hotel California (Eagles). In our 1-, 2-, 4-measure patterns we
emulated the accompanying 12-string guitar part performed on live record as
close as possible. You can now easily use them for any Country/Pop/Rock Ballad
song with any chord progression of your choice.
- Rock'n'Roll (50 patterns)
- Rock&Roll 1: 13 strumming patterns, featuring 16-feel syncopated rhythm
phrases for fast 70s Rock&Roll guitar background.
- Rock&Roll 2: 12 strumming patterns, featuring straight 8ths syncopated
rhythm phrases for fast 60s Rock'n'Roll guitar background.
- Rockabilly: 25 strumming and picking patterns, featuring 8-triplet feel
rhythm phrases for 50s Rock'n'Roll guitar background.
- Jazz (52 patterns)
- Blues 8-beat: 18 authentic Jazz-Blues 8-beat guitar rhythms. Inspired
by Wes Montgomery straight 16ths comping style. Feature 2-, 4-, 8- measure
advanced jazz riffs and fills.
- JazzRock: 10 powerful Acid Jazz/Rock/Funk style rhythms. Feature
strongly syncopated 16-triplet feel phrases (double time swing feel).
- JazzWaltz: 24 fast Jazz waltz swung 8th patterns. Feature 1-, 4-,
8-measure powerful jazz rhythm phrases in Joe Pass/Wes Montgomery comping
- Oldies (53 patterns)
- Charleston: 11 powerful Charleston style banjo rhythms. Feature 1-, 2-,
4-measure 8-triplet feel syncopated phrases.
- DixieBanjo: 31 strongly syncopated 8-triplet rhythms performing Dixie
style banjo accompaniment techniques - strumming and picking.
- DixieGuitar: 11 syncopated Dixie style 8-triplet guitar strumming
rhythm phrases. Strong shuffle feel.
- World (66 patterns)
- Flamenco: 36 sophisticated 3/4 and 4/4 Flamenco patterns, inspired by
Paco De Lucia/Al Di Meola performing style. Feature 16-, 16T-, 32-feel Spanish
guitar rhythm phrases using both strumming and finger-picking techniques. Work
great with any 6-voice chord sequence.
- CountryFast: 14 vigorous Country style cut time guitar accompaniment
patterns. Feature 1-, 2-, 4-, 8-measure even and syncopated rhythm phrases with
strong backbeat feel.
- FolkPop: 21 fast Pop/Country style strumming, finger-picking, and
bass&chord rhythm patterns. Based on I've Just Seen A Face song (Beatles) real
*The following list shows audio materials heard:
- Classical - Tarrega, Aguado, Carcassi, Mertz.
- Banjo - Mark Barnett, Carl Jackson.
- Slide & Bottleneck Guitar - John Fahey, Leo Kottke.
- Bluegrass, Country - Tommy Flint, Tim McGraw.
- Pedal Steel Guitar - DeWitt Scott, Buddy Emmons, Jerry Byrd, Paul Franklin.
- Jazz - Joe Diorio, Johnny Smith, Joe Pass, Bucky Pizzarelly, Charlie Byrd, George Benson, Wes Mongomery, Barney Kessel.
- Rock'n'Roll - Bill Haley, Chuck Berry, Carl Perkins, Bo Diddley.
- Blues - B.B. King, J.J. Cale, Rick Derringer, Rory Gallagher, Roy Buchanan, John Lee Hooker, Glenn Hughes, S.R. Vaughan.
- Flamenco - Juan Serrano, Paco De Lucia.
- Latin - Antonio Carlos Jobim, Al Di Meola, Carlos Santana.
- Rock - Duane Allman, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Ritchie Blackmore, Eric Clapton, Peter Green, Peter Framton, Steve Howe, Alvin Lee.
- Rock/Jazz/Fusion - Steve Katz, Terry Kath, John McLaughlin.
- Funk - Larry Carlton, Robbin Ford, Lee Ritenour.
Bands: Comets, Little Richard, Animals, Beatles, Rolling Stones,
Cream, Creedence, Eagles, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Blood Sweat and Tears,
Chicago, James Brown, Bob Marley, Gypsy Kings, Earth Wind & Fire, Yellow